I recently gave a lecture at Brooklyn College on the Strategic Application of Software Development Process for Business Oriented Projects to a responsive and engaged group of faculty and students.
Many software development projects fail due to a lack of understanding of and adherence to sound software engineering and project management practices. Industry traditionally ignores this rich theoretical background and structure because they don’t understand or appreciate its relevance in business.
In this seminar, I explain how and why business oriented software development teams should adopt these practices for a more affordable, more predictable, and less risky project.
- I briefly introduce some efficacious and popular software engineering methodologies and processes.
- I diagnose some scenarios that show common ways that business incorrectly apply these methodologies and processes.
- I proscribe some solutions to these common scenarios.
- I leverage the Capability Maturity Model for Software to help you analyze how best to apply these methodologies and processes to your specific situation.
- I highlight how to sell these process enhancements to both management and engineering.